Friday, June 24, 2011

Stuff and Things

So this one time on June 3rd I ran a 5k. It was 90ish degrees, sunny,  there were lots of killer kills and I was wearing sweat bands. And this is what happened to me. Yep. I straight up stopped right after the finish line. There was no 'powering through' for me.


Don't be jealous. You all want to be me...

But i did finish the race somehow in about 26 min flat. The race was actually loads of fun, mostly because I did it with other people and hanging out afterwards is always a good time. 

And THEN I discovered the magic of trail running. And I can't believe it took me this long to discover just how much I love it. I can spend 2 hours in the woods, just running. Falling, covered in mud, sweating like a crazy person and loving every minute of it.

It is incredible. I don't know if running on roads will ever be the same. 

Oh! good news, I just got a camera so expect lots of dumb pictures to appear here soon. Like these..

this is me being dumb in a hammock during a rain storm

]
and this is precious Lucy sitting on a pile of mulch outside of Kmart.
don't ask..had to throw one crazy one in here

and this is where i get to live all the time.

like I said. dumb pictures. get used to it. there is a whole lot more where that came from..

No comments:

Post a Comment