Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nervous Sweats

So I feel like I have had several slightly depressing posts recently. So here is a fun one for you.

In two weeks I will be traveling to Washington DC to turn in my Visa application for Spain IN PERSON. You read that right. They don't accept it in the mail and they want to see you one time before you leave the country. No guidelines. Just show up and hand in your paperwork and hope you have everything they need. If not, well...I don't even really want to think about that.

This whole process has been a learning process. Lots and lots and lots of paperwork. Lots of reading and translating websites (with some help from Google Chrome translate feature). My favorite part though might be when I tell people I have to go to DC to turn in my paperwork? The responses have varied from "are you sure you are doing that right?" to "really?" and "I've never heard of that before." Thanks a lot. As if I wasn't questioning every move I've made so far.

But as tiring and time consuming as the process has been it has definitely cemented the reality of leaving the country for almost a full year. Somedays I am ready for it and somedays I am not so sure. But in the end it is happening and I am going to be ready whether I want to or not.

But hear me, I am super pumped! I mean, the more I talk about what I am doing the more I realize just how amazing this opportunity is. And that gets me super excited. The possibilities are endless and terrifying at times but somehow exciting non the less.

So there. A semi-upbeat post. Trying to procure a camera soon so I can actually post my own pictures soon. My fingers are itching to be taking pics again. It has been 6 long months without one and I kind of would like to document the rest of my amazing summer in Asheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment