Sunday, October 3, 2010

Study Break!



Today has been devoted entirely to studying which is unusual. But I have 3 huge tests to study for so I figured I would get a head start. I am currently taking a 90 second study break. This is what I'm looking at: (click on it!)


http://americanart.si.edu/images/1977/1977.107.1_1a.jpg


It is a painting called 'Among the Sierra Nevada, California" by a guy named Albert Bierstadt. I have always loved this painting and a couple of years ago I actually got to see it in Washington DC by accident. It was just as amazing as I imagined it would be, if not more. He has a couple like this but this particular one is my favorite. The original covers an entire wall. A gigantic wall. You can't help but stand in front of it and not feel like you are there watching the deer come down to the mirror-like water while feeling the finger tips of the sunlight reaching over the mountains. Phenomenal work.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!!

Back to studying....

No comments:

Post a Comment