Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mountains or the Beach??


Growing up anytime someone would ask me "mountains or beach?" I would immediately answer, "mountains, duh." Mostly because I was (okay maybe still am) a Colorado junkie. Or maybe because Texas beaches certainly aren't anything to write home about. Also anytime I went to the beach growing up I always had to have something to eat or drink because I hated salt water and sand annoyed the crap out of me. I mean, all that sand, especially getting places you don't want it to be causing many tears.

All this changed this past January of 2010 when my family and I went on a cruise to the Caribbean. I mean just look at this and tell me you don't want to go there right now.








The Dominican Republic, US & Virgin Islands, as well as a private island in the Bahamas. It was literally love at first sight. I decided right then and there that I could become a beach person. The water was unbelievable. All of the sudden the saltiness wasn't so salty and the sand didn't bother me quite as much. I felt right at home.
I literally wanted to drop out of school and move to the British Virgin Islands immediately. Anywhere where the water was sapphire blue and the the wind was warm. Mmmm I feel so warm just thinking about it.

I WILL go back someday. And it will be awesome. There is no doubt in my mind


No comments:

Post a Comment