Sunday, October 17, 2010

FALL IS HERE!!!



Fall is full force here in Western North Carolina. I cannot believe that it is already Mid October. That seems literally impossible. But who am I kidding? I say that every year. Doesn't mean it is any less true.

I am a Junior in college this year. Unbelievable. Some days it feels like I just moved out here. But I didn't. It has been so fun to feel like I belong to a place again. A place in which I don't have connections just because my parents lived there (although that is nice too Mom and Dad). Having my own apartment has been amazing as well. In January it will be 1 year since I moved off campus. So worth it!!

School is going well. Taking Portuguese and Spanish at the same time was just about the worst class decision ever. I can't keep them straight but I am surviving. It is a great conversation topic with people. Everyone who is on Twitter and Facebook has heard my griping and complaining. Sorry guys..

Young Life is going well. Asheville High, the school I lead at, has gone through lots of transition Young Life wise. This year I literally have an entirely new team at Asheville High and some how I ended up leading the charge there. It has so far been a great learning experience in which everyday brings new challenges/excitement. I am so excited for what the rest of the year will hold. Here is a picture of our team this year:

L to R: Matt, Deanna, Meredith, Kyle, ME!, Taylor, and Christy
LOVE THEM!

One of the many reasons I love living out here is the fact that I get to enjoy 4 seasons!!! Some of you might be asking "what's that like?" Well, I 'll tell you. It is glorious!! I can look outside in the summer and it looks completely different than that winter! For you Texans I know this might be hard to believe.

Each season is distinct and marks a transition. I don't think I could ever go back to 2 seasons. It makes the year seem so long...

So there is a little update on my life! Things are moving right along. Before I know it I'll be singing Christmas Carols, eating far too many candy canes, and watching White Christmas on repeat.

mmmm...gingerbread men.









No comments:

Post a Comment