Friday, July 2, 2010

Nothing to Something(ish)



So I started my new job here at Funtime Ranch (Frontier Ranch). I work in the upper office at camp. There are two offices. One is called the Winter Office that gets used all year round. The other is the summer office obviously used only in the summer :)

Day 1 recap:

I arrived back at Frontier feeling nervous but comfortable because being here feels so natural. I immediately went to the office and learned a few of the things I was to be doing. It was a little overwhelming but nothing I couldn't handle.

Day 2 recap:

I arrived at work to find a gigantic stack of papers as tall as Mt. Princeton for me to file. There were papers from 3 months ago. It took me all morning and all evening. I am a darn good filer now. I was given about 35 other jobs that I didn't have time for but somehow finished anyway.
Still trying to grasp the fact that I will be here the rest of the summer....but awesome!

Day 3:

DAY OFF!!!
Every Thursday I get a day off. This week a couple of interns and I went into Salida. I bought alot of junk at Walmart that I needed because I didn't know I was going to be here for 11 weeks instead of 3. We hung out there for awhile before coming back to Buena Vista and having a few adventures. Overall it was a wonderful day off.

Day 4 (today)

Here's where things get interesting. Today was the first day that I felt comfortable with my job. I feel pretty important. I have a set of keys, multiple official polos, access to a golf cart, and card to pay bills with. I basically feel important. Whether or not I am is questionable but I still feel that way.
Today I got to drive the golf cart several times, run important errands, purchase office supplies online, and lots of lots of paperwork.
Going from Summer Staff to summer intern has thrown lots of people for a loop. Lots of confused looks.
Wearing a polo and a name tag while carrying a set of keys gains you a lot more respect than you think.

So far being here has been great. The rest of the interns have welcomed me with no questions asked. I am trying to take things 1 day at a time. It is kind of freeing to just be. I miss Asheville like crazy but spending a whole summer in Colorado is not bad :)

I know that this is kind of a lame update. I'm feeling uncreative right now. Also i am pouting because I don't have my camera cord. period. enter. no whining....

Summer Staff was great in all but I'll take being a summer intern any day.

All in all being here has been great and every day I am more and more sure of my decision to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment