Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mid-drift Polos


Week 1 complete back here at Frontier Ranch. It seriously feels like I've been here for way longer than that. It feels like I have so much more time here but really it is only another month.

Working in the upper office has been quite the experience. Some typical things I do include but are certainly not limited to:
-counting thousands of dollars everyday that comes from the Store, Snack Bar, and Beat Cart.
-I collect and count money from the vending machines in camp with the lovely Sarah Edmondson, who was my store intern last month and is now my room mate (crazy how that happened :).
-I file more papers than I ever though existed in the universe
-i buy office supplies online (very important job)
-open the mail everyday
-i drive a golf cart all over camp delivering messages/papers
-stuff envelopes (thanks to Stacey Noll my childhood training is now put to use)
-get to know all sorts of secrets (I had to take an oath...ok not really, but close)
-wearing mid-drift polos

You are probably wondering about this last one. Well, you see the polo company that makes the lovely shirts I get to wear everyday to work doesn't know the definition of "women's cut." instead they make them as short and as boxy as possible so that you MUST wear a shirt underneath it. I love wearing my mid-drift polo. It makes me feel so late 1990's/early 2000's. It is fantastic.

There are lots of other crazy things that I get to do in the course of one day. So far I have enjoyed working in the office.
The best part of my day, climbing 137 stairs straight up 2-3 times a day. I used to complain about it but then I realized that I sit in an office all day and that it is the most exercise I will get. So then I started running up them. If my legs don't look great and my heart is not in good shape by the end of the summer I will be sad

So there you go. This post is for those of who were wondering what the heck I do all day long which was probably nobody. Haha

All in all it is so awesome to get to work in a place where I feel loved and a place that holds so many wonderful memories. Plus, the view isn't bad either...



No comments:

Post a Comment