Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fail

So yet another snow storm has moved into Western North Carolina. This morning I woke up quickly checked the internet, saw LATE START on UNCA's website and rolled over and fell back asleep. I woke up two hours later at 9AM and freaked out because I have a Spanish presentation today that I was going to wake up early for. I thought it was at 10:20 so I scrambled to get ready so I could practice it before hurrying to school in the nastsy, nasty weather. Mind you most people are comfortably staying home today. Me, nope. I actually have to be productive. Tried to make an english muffin without burning it but got a double bloody nose and while trying to stop it the muffins burned. Fail. Then I couldn't find my keys for 10 minutes. Fail. I ran out the door at 10:10 already running late. Sped to school and trudged through the snow and up three flights of stairs carrying two bags. Got up there and realized my presentation was not until 11:20. FAIL!! So now I am sitting in the Library wishing Spring Break were here. OH wait, this just in. CLASS CANCELLED!!!!!!!


This being said, the real blog post was going to be about Texas Independence Day. It actually goes along with the title anyway. Yes, today, March 2 is not only the wonderful and amazing Leslie Sloan's birthday but it is also the day in history that Texas declared independence from Mexico. This is a fail because the Battle of the Alamo was still happening until March 6 AND we lost, but whatever Texas. I would get stoned if I said this while living in Texas.

This day was always a special day growing up in Texas. In 7th grade during our Texas History period we had the biggest party you've ever seen. The ironic thing was that we dressed up in coon skin caps and leather fringe but everyone brought Mexican food. So fantastic.

I love Texas because everyone walks around talking about how we could suceed from the US if we wanted to because we were the only state that was it's own country before the US took us over. REALLY? would you want to be your own country? i don't think so.

If you are interested in learning something about this interesting state feel free to click here: http://www.qsl.net/w5www/texasfacts.htm


So anyways, Happy Texas Independence Day! Eat some Mexican food (it's good for you)







2 comments:

  1. It's 60 degrees and sunny here, and there are definitely some Come and Take It flags flying today. I had totally forgotten how crazy this place is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you girl. you make me laugh

    anne

    ReplyDelete