Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thankful for Eyes that Can See..

I have completed 2 full weeks here in Granada, Spain and am well into my 3rd. Two weeks has felt like 2 years but each days seems to pass faster than the last. So far my time here has been wonderful. I feel as if I am now just emerging from the shock of actually being here. Thought I would post a few more pictures from the adventures I have had in the past two weeks

mini walking tour with my group. building used to be a market.

 walking through the Moorish district of the City.



'The Cathedral' build by Queen Isabel. Houses the bodies of her and King Ferdinand. And for all you history buffs out there Granada is actually where Columbus was when he and Isabel did all of there negotiations about his trip to 'India.' I had no idea..



 Basically this translates into "there is nothing worse than being a blind man in Granada."

]
The backside of the Alhambra. Haven't been yet. but soon!

waiting for our Flamenco lesson!

]
The caves. popular Flamenco place

Alba. our instructor



churros con chocolate! delicious, cheap. they even help you lose wait ;)

tapas

more tapas. and these are just the so-so ones. Tapas are a specialty of southern Spain

exterior of the Plaza de Toros in Granda. aka the bull fighting ring. we didn't want to pay to go inside so we just walked around it. Pretty crazy this still goes on



Pomegranates! I mentioned earlier that the Pomegranate is the symbol of Granada because the is what the city name means. These things are literally everywhere...


Cafe Futbol. A place that I frequent quite often. They have a lovely outside area but oddly enough it is cheaper to eat inside. Yay for being a college kid!

This weekend I am headed to Madrid with my new friend Rachel for our 4 day weekend. I know, rough life. She has a friend for us to stay with which is incredible! especially since I am in the middle of planning a 10ish day trip to Italy for Fall Break which by even going the very cheapest way possible is still expensive. But it will be so worth it!

So there you have it. A little picture update on my life the past few days. I probably have at least 10 more posts up my sleeve. It is so hard to sift through to the most important stuff because it is all so blog worthy!

Hasta Luego.


1 comment:

  1. AMY! I went to that flamenco place when i visited Granada four years ago! I hope you're having an amazing time, miss and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete