Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The World Spins Madly On

Yesterday I officially completed my Junior year of college at UNC Asheville. I kid you not when I say I walked out of my last exam and shook my head in disbelief (but also with a sigh of relief). It was the strangest day. I have to keep reminding myself that I am actually old enough to be done with 3 years of college and that these 3 years weren't just some sort of crazy dream. And they weren't! They have been filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and I can honestly say that I would not change a moment of them. Even, the darkest of days..

Yesterday did ended wonderfully by going to see the band The Civil Wars at the Grey Eagle with some amazing people. Seriously. If they come to a town near you, do what it takes to go see them. Couldn't have asked for a better way to end the semester.

In August I will heading to Granada, Spain for 10 months to study abroad. Yep. That's a long time. And for so long I have just talked about it, filled out some paper work, and read a lot of Rick Steve's travel guides. But today, I have a Skype meeting with the director of the study abroad program, Germàn. Talk about making this thing feel real. Not messing around anymore. Although there is much, much, more to be done for my departure I am starting to feel like I am leaving next week and not a little under 4 months from now.

But for now I must get a job and stay in one place for the first summer in my life I can ever remember. Definitely will be an adjustment but I think I am welcoming the change of pace. Whatever that pace may look like this summer.
Time to turn yet another page...

No comments:

Post a Comment