Friday, May 6, 2011

He Loves Me

I have been out of school for 3 days. Long enough to freak out about going to Spain for 10 months, get stressed out about finding a job, do some babysitting, and also have a little fun.

This weekend I am working at Windy Gap, the Young Life camp about 15 minutes from my apartment. Usually I work on the ropes course but this weekend I am working in their snack bar called The Sippin' Parlor or the "Sippie." I have done this on and off for about 3 years. But as of late it has been difficult to carve out a whole weekend to spend at Windy Gap. I am so thankful to be here this weekend. So very thankful.

I absolutely love coming up here. It is ridiculously gorgeous and the fact that it takes me under 15 minutes to be on camp property from where I live is a true gift. It is nestled up in the mountains outside of Asheville. This place is never ugly. Rain, shine, snow, leaves or no leaves, I have never been disappointed.

I talk about all of this beauty because tonight I was thinking about why people love places like this place and other Young Life camps. They seem to be held higher than many other equally beautiful places. One, the presence of Christ is felt richly in these places. Two, you cannot ignore that fact that Jesus is telling you he loves you. I was reading Psalm 19:1-4 tonight, a passage that I have read countless times. But tonight it took hold of my soul and really took me deeper into the truth. The truth that He loves me. I say it and people say it to me all of the time but I need to do a better job of acknowledging it. This passage reads:

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the works of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the end of the earth."

A contant whisper of "I love you" is found all around me. I need to take the time to notice it more. To see it in the big and small places. I find proof of his love in every minute of my life. He loves me loudly. So loudly that as of late, it has been almost impossible to miss it. But sometimes I choose not to see it. But even then he still lets me know.

My good friends the Sloans have this children's Bible that is seriously THE best children's Bible I have ever seen. It is so good, in fact, that sometimes I want to get a copy for myself. I have to pleasure of reading it to their two children before bedtime when I babysit. Throughout this Bible Jesus' love is described as "Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always, and Forever." I am not even kidding when I say I tear up every time I read it to them.

That being said I want to feel that love every second of the day and help others to feel it as well.

 Because His love IS real and is

Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment