Monday, January 17, 2011

The Things You Forget..


So Anne came to visit me this weekend and once I get her pictures there will be a longer, more detailed post of what we did. But for now I feel the need to inform you all about one thing.

Anne and I did a lot of 'Remember when' this weekend. The things we came up with were hilarious. We talked about my dislike of being anywhere near a Talbots because we were made to spend what seemed like hours in that store (love you Mom!). We talked about how we remember our aunts and uncles at our ages and how we thought (and still think) they were so cool and old. There were also the conversations about what movies we used to think were hilarious and much talk of old Disney Channel shows.

My favorite thing we brought up was our weekly grocery store trips to H-E-B. I know I promised to give 'all things Texas' a rest for awhile but this one is too good not to discuss. Especially for people who can relate. Anne and I discussed how we used to love our weekly shopping trips with mom to buy our 2 baskets full of groceries (yep, once a week). We liked these trips so much because there was always the chance that we might be bought an ICEE from the machine in the deli section. This did not happen every week but the promise that there could be kept us all on our best behavior. I cannot imagine taking 5 small children into a crowded grocery store. Bless you, Mother.

Anne and I further discussed the things we used to have to do in the grocery store. And that is when I remembered.. Taco Cabana in Boerne used to be located INSIDE of H-E-B! You might be sitting there thinking 'so what?' and that is perfectly alright. These are the two places I seem to miss the most about Texas. And the fact that I had forgotten they used to be joined together blew my mind. I then remembered how it was my job to buy a regular Coke and 4 flour tortillas for us to split whenever we were shopping. I mean, seriously, Taco Cabana + H-E-B = the best combo of places ever. Trust me on this. It was awesome.

So there you. My filler post until I am finished catching up on all of the school work I threw into the corner for the weekend. Thank goodness for holidays. I am trying to enjoy this one because it is the last one before Spring Break. But that being said, I wouldn't mind a few snow days between now and then.

Hint, hint weather man..


No comments:

Post a Comment