Monday, September 6, 2010

"That's a DoubleNester!"


About 4 days ago my ENO Hammock arrived in the mail. I was so excited. This summer lots of the interns I worked with had them and I fell in love with them. But after getting it, I realized that I have no place at my apartment to hang it up. Fail. But there are plenty of other places and oportunities for me to enjoy it.

What was really awesome was the weather literally changed from summer to fall overnight on this past Friday night. All weekend the weather has been absolutely perfect. Perfect for putting up your hammock and spending an entire afternoon in it. And that is what I did.

Yesterday I ended up at the Sloan house and after being there for about 45 minutes I made it my mission to find the perfect hammock hang up spot. I definitely found it. With the help of Asher (5) and Lucy (almost 4), I hung it up and crawled in it. Of course the children wanted in on the fun so I pulled them both in with me and we got right down to relaxing. Not. Asher kept telling me that we needed to kick someone out and he kept saying it should be me. So I got kicked out of my own hammock. That's when I went and got my camera and took this picture:


Yeah, they were just a little excited to be hanging out in my ENO Doublenest Hammock. The weather was perfect and it was a lovely Sunday afternoon. Eventually, I asserted myself and climbed back into the hammock with them with hopes of taking a Sunday afternoon nap. Lucy immediately curled up right next me. But not Asher. He had other plans. We then spent the next hour playing Dad and Kids. He was the Dad and Lucy and I were the kids. Our names were Rosey and Matilda. I am not joking. It was hilarious. And then the hammock turned into a spaceship and we traveled around outerspace. Classic.




We literally spent almost 2 hours all sitting in there together until Asher jumped out and started being crazy and got himself put in timeout for awhile. Lucy eventually wandered off leaving me to enjoy my new hammock in peace. I fell asleep instantly and took a good 30 minute nap. It was glorious. A perfect fallish day.

Later, after Leslie returned from a grocery run and Lucy was being crazy, Lucy and I went back out for some more quality hammock time. We sat out there for 30 minutes talking about all sorts of crazy things and then we had a big sing along. It was hilarious and super cute.

All of this to say, this hammock has only been used once and already is the best purchase I have made all year. Hopefully there will be many more stories to blog about involving this hammock. And if you don't have one, you should get one. Like right now. REI carries them and they are available online. The hammock plus the slap straps run you about $90 which is less than what you would spend on one of those kind of comfortable rope hammocks that you can never move anywhere.

Leslie Sloan did. And I have no doubt they will get every pennies worth out of it.

You could be doing things like this with it:




Happy Almost Fall!!


No comments:

Post a Comment