Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Memories



For some reason today I found myself thinking about my brother John more than usual. Maybe it was the sudden switch to 'fall air' that made me think of him getting ready to go elk hunting in Colorado with my dad or the fact that his cross country season would have been well underway. Whatever the reason, I've been thinking alot about how I miss him but also laughing about things he used to do. While I don't have the time to recap them all, I was able to scrap together some pictures from the last couple of years. Every single one of them made me laugh my face off and cry at the same time while sitting in a coffee shop.


John Noll and my cousin Ben in Savannah, GA. John was never very good with children, hence why Ben has a pointy stick in his had. Just kidding...


Yep. Family vacation to the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC before my Freshman year of college. Long day. John must have asked the Biltmore workers a thousand questions about how the thing was built

For my graduation trip we stayed outside of Boone, NC which is home to Appalachian State University. How could John not pose with Yosef the Mountaineer, App State's mascot?


Yep, the camels came to Boerne, TX every Christmas to be part of a live nativity scene. Literally right next to our house. I think we were having a conversation about camel spit when I took this picture. Who knows why

The infamous Cheerwine picture.
For all of you who don't know, Cheerwine is a delicious cherry flavored soda that is bottled and sold regionally. John had only had it once in his life but like anything 'southern' he was obsessed. I could probably do a whole post on his obsession with Bojangles and BoBerry Biscuits... On my way to St. Simon's Island for Spring Break '09, I stopped at a gas station and purchased a bottle just for him. I thought he was going to kiss me when I gave it to him. He is obviously just a little too excited in this picture.


Thanks for reading and laughing with me. The days are still full of sadness and the pain is always present but the world keeps spinning and taking me with it. I find deep comfort in knowing that I am not walking through this alone and have done my best to keep my eyes fixed on The One who will continue to bring me and my family through this horrible mess. So thank you for your continued prayers. They are still greatly needed and appreciated.



1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this- it's meaningful even to someone who never met him this side of heaven.

    ReplyDelete