Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ding Dong! Wolf. Bears


Today has been a lazy Saturday. And I definitely needed that. I literally did nothing all day. I rolled out of bed at 10:30AM stumbled to the couch and proceeded watch the first season of Community all day long (thanks Betsy, Sarah, and Leslie!). At some point this afternoon I started thinking about dreams. No idea why. But I started thinking it was funny that the last 4 vivid dreams I've had all included bears and even one polar bear. And although the bears were not doing anything like this in my dreams,


It was still weird to me that I had so many bears appearing over and over in my dreams.

And since I had absolutely nothing to do I decided to take a look at some dream interpretation websites just for fun. Seriously, you should try it. Some of the explanations were unbelievably ridiculous but some were probably right on the money. Some people are very serious about dream interpretations. I guess that is fine. I never really got too serious about the matter just because up until lately, my dreams have been mostly entertaining.


But anyways, This is what I found:


Bear

To see a bear in your dream, symbolizes independence, the cycle of life, death and renewal, and resurrection. You are undergoing a period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.

To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear, denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation.

To see a polar bear in your dream, signifies a reawakening. Alternatively, the polar bear symbolizes your frigid and cold emotions.

http://www.dreemmoods.com/dreamthemes/animals.htm


Bear that which has two sides: one destructive and the other playful, caressing, and loving (294-87). Other possibilities: 1. grumpy. 2. over protectiveness. 3. failing stock prices ("bear market"). 4. hibernating, retreating.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/dreams.aspx?id=2484#B


Bear

Animals · Dream Dictionary

Because they hibernate, bears can symbolize cycles; birth death awakening motif; power or overpowering (the big as bear); your own cyclic activity or abilities. Is it time for your to awaken into activity, or to hibernate and renew your energy? Mythologically, bears represent mothering รข€“ the archetype of the Great Bear.

http://www.dreamota.com/dream-dictionary?letter=B


I'll be honest and say there were a few things in there that could be true. Like hibernating. I guess that is the same thing as resting right? And being introspective. I'll work on that one. Also bears in dreams apparently represent mothering. Is there something I should know? Am I about to pop out some kids I don't know about? Only joking.

Falling stock prices?? Really? I don't even own stock. That's taking it too far. I do love that each explanation gave and either/or scenario. Guess that could cover ALL the meanings.

Like the explanation about polar bears. It could mean a reawakening OR it could mean frozen emotions. Yes....that about covers it.

All of this to say it was interesting what these websites said. The rest is/was GREATLY needed and time to think about things and regroup myself was appreciated.

Here's to Lazy Saturdays and the Internet!

and bears...




No comments:

Post a Comment