Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No, Not a Blizzard From Dairy Queen





I know everyone and their mom is probably blogging about the weather but I just decided maybe I would add my 2 cents worth. And for those of who are reading this and have no idea what I'm talking about you are either not on Twitter or don't watch any sort of weather channel anything. And that is ok. You probably know more about the weather than the weathermen do anyway.

So basically we have had lots of snow and ice and cold and it is not even March yet. I haven't been here long, but I know enough to know that this winter here (and everywhere) is straight crazy. I think it has been deemed the 'Wacky Winter'. if not, that is at least what I am calling it. Unfortunately during the biggest snow yet I didn't remember to bring my camera to the Sloan's house so I have no evidence of it but trust me, it was very, very, real.

As of right now, we are under a blizzard warning. This warning has changed so much in the last 24 hours I have all but given up on the weathermen. Every 5 min they come up with some new prediction. Oh and in the time I have taken to write this post they are saying we are not actually going to get any snow, just a lot wind (40-50 mph gusts), and a few flakes. I honestly have no idea what to believe anymore.

So I think from now on I'm going to be making my own predictions and assumptions about the weather. And I will start by just waking up and looking out my window and maybe putting a shovel and an extra jacket in my car for safe keeping. I know everyone keeps telling me that I will be tired of the winters full of snow and ice and cold and maybe they are right but I happen to like the fact that here, winter is clearly defined. There is no walking outside wondering if it is fall or late summer because everything looks and feels the same (sorry Texas...).

So for now, I will probably complain about the weather and wish for warmer days, but secretly I like it (when I'm inside and I can feel my toes). Please don't take this as I would love for winter to stay around forever, cause I wouldn't, EVER. I just like having clearly defined seasons for a change.





No comments:

Post a Comment