Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catching Up

So I thought it was probably about time that I posted a few pictures of my new apartment *cough* condo. That is right. I live in a Condo. I still call it an apartment because well, that's just easier and I don't really feel like it is a condo. I signed a lease at the beginning of the year with a girl, Katie, who is a cook in the kitchen at Windy Gap. It is kind of funny how that all happened. We met twice and then I was gone forever. So now we slowly get to know each other which has been a challenge in itself because I have been gone a whole lot. But she is great and I have no doubt that we will get along just fine.

Anyways, I'm super pumped about the place because it is literally a 6 minute drive from here to campus. And thank goodness I don't live on campus anymore. Sure I miss the meal plan and being able to walk to the library but you better believe I don't miss the widespread panic that occurs every time an sickness spreads like wildfire. It is nice to have a place that I know is clean (or not) where I can go and do whatever the crap I want, have my own space, and not go insane trying be extra quiet when I get up at 7 for a class. Oh and I can go longer than one day without having to change the toilet paper in the bathroom. For real, this happened to me.

The place is about 3 years old. Sorry I don't have any exterior pics. It has been a bit chilly here and I haven't been motivated to go outside and take pictures. I have met most of our neighbors. They are all very nice. The area were are in is extremely quite and very accessible to many places which include but are not limited to: school, wal-mart, weaverville waffle house, Roses, Ingles, and much much more.

So here are a few pictures of the new place that is still a work in progress. It has been a slow and gradual readjustment but one to which I am most certainly warming up to. As you can tell in the pictures, there are many odds and ends that still need to be accumulated but I have plenty of time for that....maybe.



my bedroom. standing in my walk in closet taking the picture.
Those pillows on my bed were sewn by my amazing sister Anne


living room. we are still looking for a
few things to put in here obviously. the door leads to a small deck of sorts. we are upstairs
Excited to use that when and if it ever gets warm again


dining room/kitchen.

I am so excited that I was finally able to post these. Yesterday we had canceled classes and it was so nice to just literally do nothing. I sat around all day with Slappy, Matt and Leslie Sloan's Wiener dog whom I'm watching this weekend, and did a little baking. It was the first time since being back in Asheville that I was able to legitimately relax. 3 day weekends are always welcome and appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. that right your amazing sister anne made those pillows!

    ReplyDelete