Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Typical Day in the Life of Me

So at some point you might have asked yourself "What exactly does Amy do in college?" Well, I will tell you; I throw rocks in the mud. Yes, you heard me right. Sunday afternoon my friend Chloe and I went to Beaver Dam Lake on Merrimon Ave in North Asheville.(aka Beaver pond, it is a small body of water) and went for a amazing walk in the beautiful sunlight that I have so deary missed. After walking past the remote control Sailboating club and their fans (twice) we ended up at a bridge. Beneath this bridge was a mud pit. You might be thinking to yourself "what's so cool about a mud pit?" Well that's what I thought until we started hurling rocks into this mud. No joke, someone could probably have died in this mud. We started out throwing pebbles in the mud. These pebbles were seriously going feet below the surface. This was so exciting that we immediately set out to find bigger and better rocks. At this point, people are walking by and staring at us. I guess its not everyday that you see college age girls throwing rocks into the mud. After our not so successful search for big boulders, Chloe had the brilliant idea to run across the busy street to steal rocks from the beautifully manicured golf course. So we did.

After slipping and sliding our way through the mud on the other side of the road, we found the perfect rock. Chloe and I then ran back across the road with a large boulder of a rock. The final moments of suspense sent adrenaline pumping through my body. I mean, we had no idea what was going to happen. This rock could have sent mud splashing up on my freshly laundered work out clothes. After several confused people walked by it was go time. Chloe hurled the rock down into the mud vat and yep, mud splashed all over the place and was accompanied by a delightful squishing sound. It was definitely epic. At this point normal people would have been on their merry way. But not us, we waited around at solid 15 minutes to watch this rock sink below the surface. It was definitely time well spent on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

The only regret I have is that I did not have my camera tucked away in the small pocket that running short makers so conveniently supply for things as big as a small key.

No comments:

Post a Comment