Friday, October 23, 2009

Back Tracking

Obviously I have been slacking on my blog posts, but do not worry it was been for a good reason. Today is the first time in almost 2 weeks that I have gotten to sit down and just do nothing. You think I'm kidding. I'm not. Life has been a bit nuts but I've been loving pretty much every minute of it. These past few weeks have included some fantastic stories most of which involve me not getting arrested, always a good thing. Now this statement is actually not what you think it sounds like. "Trespassing" twice (hanging out with high school kids for Young Life before and after school), and once at the Asheville Mall after a game called "find your leader" at which 5 cop cars showed up to and told us to pick up all the trash in the parking lot and leave. In all 3 cases we were not doing anything threatening. It was quite the scene. One of these days they might just arrest me just on the basis that they are tired of seeing me. The game we were playing at the Mall involved Young Life leaders dressing up as a character or in clothes that they don't normally wear. So I died my hair black. Only temporarily of course. It was a spray in and it came out very easily. No one recognized me. It was fantastic. I was dressed as a business woman with Starbucks cup and high heels. At one point I walked right through a group of high school kids and no one realized it was me. So awesome! The interesting part was how many comments I got on my dark hair. Maybe one day I will dye it darker but right now the thought of not being blond is kind of frightening. Maybe one day. Anyway, here is a picture of a few of us leaders :)



Some other things that I have been up to: school, school, and more school. I feel like my professors dumped a whole lot of work on me and then decided it would be fun to make it due in 2 days. This would have been fine except they are stuck on repeat mode and I feel like all I get to do is write papers and attempt to complete some Spanish homework. Speaking of Spanish, I don't know if I've mentioned this but I finally got around to declaring my major: SPANISH!!! Yep. Might be a big shocker but I've decided that it is the safest bet for me. Plus, ever since 8th grade I've wanted to eventually become fluent in Spanish. I will have to at some point study abroad. Probably not Mexico because I would be closer to my house in Texas than I am while at school here. I would still go to Mexico, but preferably not.

I will leave you with one last story. I have sleep problems. Actually, I guess it's not that I have problems sleeping, I have problems doing random things in my sleep. I am an avid sleep talker, and I love to order people around in my sleep as well as scream at random points during the night. Especially if I have not been getting enough sleep. Some of my favorite moments though, are ones like yesterday morning when I wake up and find candy wrappers in my bed. Yep, I'm a sleep eater. Usually it is candy pumpkins around Halloween but this year it was 2 fun packs of M&M's. I don't understand it but it is a great incentive to not have candy in my room (rarely happens). It's always interesting to go to sleep and then hear stories about myself later. So there you go. One random fact about me.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment