Monday, November 7, 2011

Paella!

Yesterday my program director took us to a small pueblo outside of Granada and had some of his friends teach us how to make a traditional Spanish dish called 'paella.' It is basically composed of rice, meat, tomatoes, parsley, white wine, garlic, onions, green peppers, red peppers, dried peppers, olive oil, and a few other ingredients. I took notes and hopefully, when I come back to the US I can just travel around and have Paella Parties for everyone. Paella, sangria, and story time.

Anyway, it was a gorgeous day. A little on the chilly side but the hot spanish sun helped warm things up a bit. And if any of you have ever watched Anthony Bourdain's show, No Reservations, I felt like I was in my own personal episode of the show. It was fantastic! The two ladies who taught us how to make paella were great and i stood by the fire the whole time and they would tell me exactly what they were doing. I have had a few different paellas since arriving in Spain and this one was by far my favorite.

I know all of you love my pictures so here are few from yesterday. I wish I could live this life everyday that I am here..






the beginnings..


fresh 'granadas' (pomegranates) 

i chopped all of the onions. 

getting closer..

bam! finished product. i stuffed my face

a few pics from our post-lunch walk







Next week, we go hiking in the mountains. I can not wait..

No comments:

Post a Comment