Saturday, November 12, 2011

Los Cahorros y Las Alpujarras

I never have school on Fridays and I have been sticking close to Granada the past few weeks so this week I decided to do a little hiking. A 30 minute bus ride from the city that cost 1.30 euro took me here...






Indiana Jones bridge


part of the trail was a single track concrete trail and they had these handholds hammered into the side of the valley to help you along. 


we made 2 frieds that day. This cow and our new Australian friend, Jack.


this would be when we took a wrong turn and got 'lost'


then decided take a break and turn around. none of us had the desire to spend the night in the woods without supplies.





Then today my program took everybody to the Alpujarras. Picturesque mountain villages about an hour outside of Granada. Unbelievably gorgeous. At one point, while tucked far away into the mountains you can see the Mediterranean Sea and if you go high enough, you can see Africa. I didn't see Africa but I saw this... 






my favorite




a local carpet making workshop. pretty cool






The last two days have been just what I needed. And I still have one day left to rest. So amazed by this place in which I get to live for 10 months..

1 comment: