Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Settling In



So I returned to Asheville last Monday, August 9th. Last night is the first night i've spent in my apartment since returning.

Right now my room is in shambles and I literally jumping right back into life today.
But I feel good about it.

It feels good to be back. To be in a place that is my own. A place that I know fairly well. No more suitcases, 7 sets of clothes on repeat, or travel size toiletries. Seriously, everything looks so gigantic. Toothpaste, contact solution, shampoo/conditioner. All looks like giants should be using it.

Classes start Monday and I feel like this week is the calm before the storm.

I saw this quote today while attempting to shop for a dresser and I liked it. I know I've heard it before but it made me laugh really hard.


This pretty much sums up life right now. And life in general sometimes. I think I'm starting to reach a point where I understand that crap is just going to keep happening. I can still be frustrated by it, angry at it, sad at it. But I can keep living, keep going. Taking time to process the crap but I will be ok.

Bottom line. It's good to be back. I loved Colorado very very much and there are certainly days when I wish I could go back but it was time to come home and jump back into life...full throttle.

For the first time in a long time I feel life again. I can also feel myself changing and growing.
This year is going to be a crazy one but I'm not afraid of it, at least not right now :)

I love these verses and am attempting to memorize them:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God. And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4: 4-7

Enough said

No comments:

Post a Comment