Tuesday, August 10, 2010

At The Top of The World


About a week ago I went to Leadville, CO with John Moss, Marion Chesney, and Meredith Isaacs, a few of my fellow interns at Frontier Ranch. It is about a 30ish minute drive from Buena Vista. It is an old Colorado mining town that rests atabout 10,000 feet. It is a fairly big tourist place but is more off the beaten path than most tourist towns in Colorado.First stop was this place called Melanzana. All of the interns were buying these awesome pull overs that they make there and I swore I wouldn't buy one......but I did. And I do not regret it.

After purchasing the jacket John Moss wanted to take us up to this mind he and another guy had found while they were Geocaching which is like a big scavenger hunt using a GPS.We all hopped in John's black Ford Escape and proceeded to drive up small back country roads. When we finally got to the first stop the view was unbelievable:




I seriously could have sat up there for hours. There was a storm rolling in and it was thundering off in the distance. Off to the left the rain was moving across the valley. It was absolutely gorgeous. The air was clean and crisp. The wind was in our faces. It was so refreshing.

But this was not our final destination. So we loaded up and started driving straight through the woods. The drive was on a small road literally through the trees. We had the windows down and if you weren't careful branches would slap you in the face. We finally parked in the middle of nowhere and then began walking down a steep incline. when we came out of the trees we saw this:








We sat on top of the world that day. As I looked out over the mountains I thought about alot of things. I thought about how right this summer has been. About how there hasn't been one moment that I wished I could leave, or that things were different.

I was where I was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment