Thursday, September 17, 2009

Something You Should Know About Me If You Already Don't

So it has pretty much been what I have deemed "Birthday Week" this week for me. Even though my actual birthday is not until Saturday the 19th (also the same day as Talk Like a Pirate day this year) I have been receiving cards/money/gifts in the mail everyday this week. It has been fantastic!! But the reason for this post is to talk about a special item that I purchased with a Target gift card from my amazing parents. I had mentioned to my mom that I would love to buy a toaster oven and one week later I got my birthday card and a Target gift card with a note saying "For a toaster oven" on it. And here it is....



The foil inside was from a Bagel Bite lunch that I had just finished


Yes. I bought a toaster oven for myself for my birthday. I LOVE to toast things. I toast:
-sandwiches
-english muffins
-actual toast
-eggo waffles
-bagel bites
-bagels
-pretty much anything i want

It is the first of what will most certainly be many kitchen appliances that I will purchase in my lifetime. As I went into Target to buy it, I realized that a sign of growing up is when appliances actually look appealing and things like toaster ovens, washing machines, Kitchen-Aid mixers, and blenders are actually exciting to purchase. I'm only turning 20 this year but for some reason I feel much older than that. So yes, now you know that I have an obsession with toasted items. I love, love getting my sandwiches at Subway. Pretty much anytime there is a toastable option for an item, I get it. Pretty ridiculous I know. Its kind of funny to me because I feel as though I am easy going, and thanks to my parents I can eat just about anything cooked anyway (to be polite of course) but if there is a toaster available, I'm going to use it. Growing up, I was that kid who waited in line at a continental breakfast during vacation just so I could toast my bagel even when the entire family had finished breakfast by the time I had toasted it.

I am in love with my toaster oven.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment