Thursday, September 10, 2009

Can we say "Obsessive?"

I want to first off apologize for being so slack on my blog posts. It has been a crazy first few weeks starting back to school. During these weeks I have had to answer, once again, how the heck I ended up here in gorgeous Asheville, NC from Boerne, TX. Well the simple answer is Jesus, but the much longer answer includes Young Life and the Sloan Family who have loved on me way too much in my transition from Texas Culture to Western North Carolina.

Because of having to tell my story so many times these past few weeks I have thought about all the things that I miss from Texas. After compiling a list, I realized that the one single thing that has been the hardest is not eating Tex-Mex every single day of my life. Yes, this is a sad fact. While I do miss all the other important aspects (such as landscape, people, big blue skies, afternoon thunderstorms, scorching heat, and of course my family) the food keeps popping into my mind. I'm not going to even try to explain the deliciousness but for all of you who have not had a chance eat good Tex-Mex, think about the best Mexican food you've ever had and triple the deliciousness. Yes, it is that incredible. One place in particular comes to mind when I think of eating Mexican food. It's this fast-food type place called Taco Cabana. I used to live and breathe this place. I went there for lunch at least twice a week during High School. Three dollar lunch= awesomeness.

Here is me and my sister Mary in front of a Taco Cabana during one of my visits home last year.




Ever time I get off a plane in San Antonio, TX the first place I go is Taco Cabana. If I was given one last meal before I die it would 3 bean and cheese tacos with a personal chips and queso with a Dr. Pepper from Taco Cabana. A little obsessive I know but so worth it. This being said, the bottom line is I love Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment