Monday, July 21, 2014

Chacos for the Win

Ever since I opened the box on my first pair of chacos about 10 years ago as a freshman in highschool I knew it would be my favorite shoe. It was so practical and I could wear it with anything, yes anything. Chacos are literally the best. And living here in Asheville they can be classified as a hiking shoe, river shoe, casual shoe, and yes..dare i say it..a 'dress' shoe. This last one has been important to me in the last week.

Two weeks ago I started feeling what I have deemed to be the possible onset of plantar fasciitis. Basically I switched running shoes for two weeks and it was horrible so now I am dealing with some acute heel pain. This is where Chacos come to my rescue. They provide the support I need to let my foot heel. I am now wearing them all day at work (ugggh) and at night in my house. I also stretch like a crazy person and ice/golf ball roll my foot like crazy. And you know what, it is working. And I am literally giving the credit to my Chacos. Now, this pain will probably continue through my training so stay tuned for that one but I will do everything in my power to not let it slow me down!

And so far so good. Week 1 of training is in the books. Leslie, Jenn and I all completed our first long run of the training plan this weekend. Leslie is in Colorado running at high elevation so Jenn and I are holding down the fort here at more manageable oxygen levels. Completing this first long run means one week closer to the start line in NYC! This also means we are one more week into our fundraising and I am a little closer to my $3,000 mark. Won't you join with me in this journey? Click the link below to donate today! Keep checking back here for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment