Thursday, December 9, 2010

Windy Gap!!

I know I have written about this wonderful place many times but I wanted to put a special post about Windy Gap. This weekend I have the honor of taking 11 girls from Asheville High to Young Life camp for the weekend. A Young Life camp that is literally out my back door! What a treat! I am so excited and have been looking forward to this weekend all semester! Here is a picture of it taken from a hill that overlooks camp. I took this during the fall, obviously when all of the leaves were still on the trees. But no matter. In my opinion this place is amazing whatever the season.



I can not even begin to explain the awesomeness of living 15 minutes from a Young Life camp. I try to never take it for granted this blessing of a place. It truly is a special place no matter how you slice it.

I am so excited to take my high school friends to camp and to laugh with them and be silly with them and talk with them about Jesus. It is a big honor in, my opinion, that I get to be a part of the Bigger Picture. Especially at Asheville High. What a true gift.

Here is a picture from fall camp last year at Rockbridge:


love these girls!

So I would ask for your prayers this weekend for myself and for the other girls that will be leading with me. Prayers for energy, patience, wisdom, and selflessness. These girls are awesome and I can't wait to see them all tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment